Wednesday, June 10, 2015

My Afrikaans, My Wondersoete Language, My mother Tongue!


Zuma or Malema or the ANC or everyone that wants to make Afrikaans disappear or trample on it or deny it, dream on. You will never succeed!

Before you, there were many efforts to let this beautiful language disappear without success.

Way back in the 19th century the English tried to force English on the Afrikaner and they dismally failed – on the contrary, it made Afrikaans even stronger! With these famous words of CP Hoogenhout, the Afrikaner fought this Anglicization effort of the English oppressors:

“Engels! Engels! Alles Engels! Engels wat jy sien en hoor;
In ons skole, in ons kerke word ons moedertaal vermoor.”
Translation:  “English! English! Everything English! English what you see and hear;
In our schools, in our churches our mother tongue is murdered.”

(Casparus Petrus Hoogenhout (11 March 1843 - 13 January 1922) was an Afrikaans writer. He was a loyal supporter of the Afrikaans Language Movement and also co-founder of the Society for Real Afrikaners (direct translation of  the Genootskap van Regte Afrikaners) and although original from Holland, he started way back in 1873 to write in Afrikaans.)

Therefore, Zuma, Malema, ANC and anyone else who wants to make my mother tongue Afrikaans disappear or to trample on it, think again. My language survived many vicious onslaughts so it will also survive yours!

Afrikaans is my language, my mother tongue!!


Afrikaans my wondersoete taal!!!

Danie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heritage Day 2018: South Africa

My name is Nigel Olifaut. I am a white South African male, proud to be white with my declaration for Heritage Day 24 September 2018: 1....