Sunday, March 27, 2016

Jacob the Liar and Thief



Invoices now show Jacob Zuma personally benefitted from palace upgrades. On Sunday the Sunday Times confirmed what South Africans have long believed, that Jacob Zuma lied, and personally benefitted from the upgrades which took place at his R247 million private Nkandla residence.
This contradicts what Zuma previously articulated in Parliament where he stated that he and his family had not benefitted materially from the upgrades.
Zuma previously told Parliament that “My residence in Nkandla was paid for by the Zuma family. All the buildings and every room we use in that residence was built by ourselves as a family and not by government. I have never asked government to build a home for me, and it has not done so.”
He also said that “What the security has done for security features does not include the houses you have counted. They are neither in my residence nor my home.”
The information release by the Sunday Times today, which was not made available to the Public Protector during her investigation into Nkandla, shows that taxpayers money was spent on Zuma’s private residences in Nkandla including items such as air conditioning, aluminum windows, paved walkways and even six door mats which each cost R1500.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heritage Day 2018: South Africa

My name is Nigel Olifaut. I am a white South African male, proud to be white with my declaration for Heritage Day 24 September 2018: 1....