Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Zuma: A President to be Respected and Trusted?

Zuma: A President to be Respected and Trusted or A President to be Booted Out?

Can You Trust and Respect This Man?

In a democracy where the people has spoken and decided by means of a fair election who must lead and govern the country, those who did not vote for the winning party or are not supporters of that party must accept this principle and actually support the elected government, to put the country first! That is where the expectation also comes from that the elected president and government must be trusted and respected.

But, a coin always has two sides and equally true and applicable is the principle that the president and his government are there to serve all citizens of that country and all citizens must also be equally respected, everyone is equal and the country comes first.

Unfortunately these noble principles of a democracy are not applicable to Zuma anymore. My opinion is that it was never applicable to him. Remember, whoever you are, you do not deserve respect and trust, you must earn it, and once you have earned it, you will deserve it.

From day one when he was elected for his first term, he did nothing to earn the trust and respect from all citizens. Think for yourself, could/can he be trusted when during the election campaign he sang with his rowdy supporters “Kill the Boer?” Certainly not, I for one do not and cannot trust him, will never!

And as his term continued and he even went into the second term he became more and more untrustworthy and since his first election up to today, he did not move a finger to earn respect. How can I respect him if he does not respect me, does not respect my language, does not respect my heritage, using every opportunity to blame the White people for everything that went wrong at the hands of the ANC during the past 21 years? And how can I respect and trust if he does not move a finger to safeguard my language and heritage, or my rights?

And the cherry on top was when he publically announced that the ANC comes first, only after that South Africa.

Can you trust and respect such a president. I cannot, I despise him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heritage Day 2018: South Africa

My name is Nigel Olifaut. I am a white South African male, proud to be white with my declaration for Heritage Day 24 September 2018: 1....